Friday, January 2, 2009

Childhood Favorites.

Since Alex reminded me of my "secret"foodie blog, I just HAD to check it out again.haha here is one of the FEW(haha actually 2 lang) entries :p __________________________________________________________________

Ever remember the food that you ate during your childhood days? I do. Here's a list of my so called "comfort food":

First on the list is CHICKEN. I was a bit different as a kid. Most kids loved chicken with gravy, but i preferred salsa or catsup. My all time favorite is El Pollo Loco's chicken with mild salsa and their spanish pilaf. yumm ahh the mere thought of it makes my mouth water. Sometimes I also wrap the chicken and rice with a tortilla and make it into a chicken burrito. yumm =)

Next is CHAMPORADO. A filipino native chocolate flavored rice porridge. Top it with evaporated milk and you can go straight to heaven..REALLY! I just love it especially on a rainy day.

Don't you just love Dulcinea's CHURROS Con Chocolate and BRAZO DE MERCEDES?? When I was a kid I would often order churros..dip it in chocolate then dip it again in sugar(yes I know i'm a sugar addict). yumm just writing about it is making me crave for some right now! Brazo De Mercedes however is a simple dessert made out of eggs and I really love its light base and filling center.

Another childhood favorite..eating at Pancake House. I love their spaghetti!When I was a kid, I used to order just spaghetti but now I order their mix and match combo#3 which is a small portion of spaghetti, burger steak and sauteed vegetables plus an extra order of plain rice. Of course, no meal is not complete without dessert! I love their bacon waffle so much I can finish it in 5 minutes! __________________________________________________________________

Ahh just reading this entry is making my mouth water!!! and the WORSE PART issss!!!IM IN BEIJING!I CAN'T EAT THE STUFF ON THIS LIST NO MATTER HOW MUCH I WANT TO. huhu gahh i miss food in the Philippines =(

I've been packing on pounds this Christmas Season..Is this the point of no return??I hope NOT. haha off to bed now. Goodnight friends!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! The M&M combo #3, first you eat the spaghetti... then place the extra rice para masimot! eat it with the salisbury steak. I MISS U LACE! :((

    -kareen

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!hey you wag mo naman ako ibuking!hahaha lab u dearie!see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete