Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kissed 2008 Goodbye, Cheers to 2009!


Started a blog to have an outlet to rant and rave about anything and everything. Had blogs before but then I never maintained any of them, well hope this one is different.. Please forgive my writing, I never was the writing type :p

Had a blast last night! First, me and 12 of my FilChi friends went to Pullman Steakhouse (Gong Ren Ti Yu Chang Dong Men De Dui Mian, Chaoyang District 85871055) for dinner. Me and two friends shared an order of Caesar Salad, 900g Prime Rib (that was roasted to perfection! and only at 360rmb=2520php), Tiramisu, Brownie Cake and Creme Brulee!! Ahh..the meal was so worth it and we only spent around 1000php each! the service was also great by the way..anyhoo..

We went to Alfa, a quaint little bar in Chaoyang District. We just hung around for 20minutes.. haha the point was to get a "buzz" before going to the New Year's Eve Party! a bottle of Jack Daniels and 4 cans of coke later..off to The Place for the New Year's Eve Party: GENESIS by Acupuncture Records.

The party was divided in two, Retro (old school rock and punk) and Futuristic (trance and house music). We tried both of course, there were a lot of foreigners as well as local chinese people. The dance floors weren't as packed as I expected..but nevertheless, it was a great way to celebrate New Year!! Downed three more glasses of rumcoke but then I didn't get the buzz that I was looking for..Oh well, next year then!haha

These days I always seem to find myself..nostalgic..I don't know if its because its cold in the winter or because it is Christmas season..I MISS MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS back in the Philippines :(

Oh well, on to happy thoughts!

I always make a LOT of New Year's Resolutions..but i never kept it any of 'em, so for a change, I will make only three that I REALLY INTEND ON KEEPING.

1. WORK/STUDY. find a happy job and figure out what I REALLY WANT TO DO with my life.

2. Speak at least 1 sentence of Chinese everyday (In the Philippines) haha I'm scared that I'm going to forget EVERYTHING once I go back.

3. Quit a bad habit. Haha!

Goodbye 2008!I have no regrets!Cheers to 2009 and to New Year's Resolutions that we intend on keeping!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice 1 lace ^^ visit ako lagi dito sa blog mo ah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lace!
    Happy new year! Pati na kila Jade and Harriet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is your other "secret" foodie blog still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oi bru!haha nakakagulat naman!! secret foodie blog is a SECRET!ahahaha so..SECRET!:p

    ReplyDelete